- Special Recognition Award The Hercules Historical Society gratefully acknowledged the receipt of the Special Recognition award that recognized the efforts of its founders and members for their focus on the City’s history for the last 30 years. The Hercules Chamber of Commerce Ceremony Program has more information regarding the event.
- The History of West County Libraries Please Join us for this Special Presentation of The History of the West County Libraries
- A Tale of Two Cities A unique presentation, the first ever to specifically focus on ties between the Pinole and Hercules communities.
- Hercules Presenting Local History to Sister City Tsushima, Japan Lynn Fissell donated books to sister city Tsushima, Japan on behalf of the Hercules Historical Society and the Hercules Sister City Association.
- Hercules History Expo Location: Hercules Library, 109 Civic Drive, Hercules Ca 94547
Time: Saturday October 22, 2011 at 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Hercules Historical Society and the Hercules Library are sponsoring a History Expo. The event will be held in the large conference room in the Hercules Library. Local historical societies and local authors will be present.
The local ...
- Rotary Club Presentation Location: Hercules Senior Center, 111 Civic Drive in Hercules
Time: Wednesday July 6, 2011 at 7:15 am
Hercules, the newest book in Arcadia Publishing’s Images of America Series, will be featured at an event for the Rotary Club of Hercules. Local author and Hercules Historical Society member Stephen Lawton will be conducting a presentation and be available ...
- What’s on Second Antiques Location: 720 Second Avenue, Crockett
Time: Sunday June 12, From 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Hercules, the newest book in Arcadia Publishing’s Images of America Series, will be featured at an event at What’s on Second Antiques on June 12th. Meet local author Stephen Lawton, who will be available to sign copies. This new book ...
- Hercules Middle High School Band, Chorus, and Orchestra Pops and Awards Concert Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at 7:30 p.m. in the Gymnasium on campus, 1900 Refugio Valley Road
The Hercules Music Boosters will be present to accept admission ($5 for each adult, $2.00 for each student, and free for children under 5), distribute programs, and sell refreshments before the start of the concert. The Boosters have invited ...
- Pinole Historical Society annual meeting Location: Pinole Public Safety Building, 880 Tennent Avenue, in the Alex Clark Room
Time: Saturday, May 19, 2011 at 6:30 p.m.
Pinole Historical Society’s annual meeting, Author Jennifer Posedel will share interesting stories from Hercules’s past and photos from long ago.
- Used Book Sale Location: Hercules Public Library, 109 Civic Drive in Hercules
Time: Saturday, May 14, 2011 from 11:00 to 5:00 p.m.
and on: Sunday, May 15, 2011 from noon to 4:00 p.m.
In conjunction with the used book sale being conducted by the Friends of the Hercules Library, the book will be sold inside the library’s doors.