In July 1982, HHS (formerly known as the Hercules Area Restoration and Preservation Committee, Inc.) was formed by former City council-members Lynn Fissell (formerly Judnich) and John Cadigan. Incorporated in the State of California on September 19, 1985, the Franchise Tax Board issued tax-exempt status under Section 23701d Revenue and Taxation Code on September 12, 1986. The Internal Revenue Service issued tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) organization on December 19, 1986.
HHS is a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation. Its officers and members represent a cross-section of many community groups and professions. Its main focus is the restoration and preservation of historical aspects of the City of Hercules.
- Annual dues $10.00 per person
- Membership period is from July 1 through June 30 each year. Membership is open to everyone.
- Click HERE for a membership form
- General meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month
- Annual meeting of the membership is held on the second Wednesday of October
- Agenda is e-mailed prior to all meetings
- All meetings are held at 111 Civic Drive, near Hercules City Hall, with parking in the lot that is directly adjacent to the HHS trailer.
- Meetings start at 7:30 pm
- Public is welcome to attend
- President: Darrel “Jay” Tucker
- Secretary: Lynn Fissell
- Treasurer: Chris Kelley
For general inquiries or to arrange donations, please contact us:
P.O. Box 5461
Hercules, CA 94547-5461